Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Deal With Game Locations

4 posters

Go down

The Deal With Game Locations Empty The Deal With Game Locations

Post by Vai Castillian Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:50 pm

Okay, I didn't want to have to post this, but I'm seeing that there's not a way around it, short of leaving the group, since Jason tells me that y'all have decided that Sam was an asshole for wanting to dictate the location of the game that he is running.

Sam was covering for me.

I have a thing about people. I really don't do crowds well. I think it's a little bit of mild agoraphobia, combined with an inability to filter out sound; I literally can't put unimportant sounds, like stuff going on around me, out of my mind. I was raised as basically a politician's daughter, which means that I had to learn how to control and hide this instinct, and I'm pretty good at it by now. I generally don't like telling people because it changes how they see me and how they treat me. I can generally deal with it on my own, so I do.

LARP was just fine, because people were moving around, and the interaction was mostly one on one, or with one person talking and everyone else listening. But since we've switched to tabletop, it's been harder -- especially with Dave's new roommates, their dogs, people moving around to get ready for work, etc. I've been coming home shaken up and exhausted.

The effort to hold game at our place was to have a more open, less distracting environment.

I'm going to be honest with you -- I probably could keep handling game at Dave's place, but it wears me out, and then I wind up tired and withdrawn for the game Sam runs on Sundays. I feel like I owe my Sunday friends more than I've been giving them.

So there you have it. We were insisting on game over here because I'm crazy. Now you all know.
Vai Castillian
Vai Castillian

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

The Deal With Game Locations Empty Re: The Deal With Game Locations

Post by Story Teller Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:37 pm

We are perceptive enough to know Sam wasn't the source. Sam isn't an asshole and despite my frustration I didn't say he was. I think if you or sam had trusted us enough to explain your reasons we could have avoided some unpleasantness. However, you were exceedingly rude to me personally and not speaking for anyone else, I have no more sympathy. I'm personally done accomidating you, and your frailty. I won't be rude beyond this post, but I'm done playing camp counselor and defending you when your rude to someone. This bridge is burned. I am not speaking for anyone but myself, so maybe folks will be willing to cut you some slack. If they do decide to game there I think I'll pass on game until my temper cools.
Story Teller
Story Teller

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by David Barker Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:09 pm

im sorry for you but i have work and i can not afford the gas to get to your house every other week and go to work so i will still not be there have nice day.
David Barker
David Barker

Character sheet
Name: David Barker
Position: noun

Back to top Go down

Post by Marius Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:19 pm

Sam wasn't entirely covering for Michelle. Dave asked us to host game at our house. Apparently he didn't feel that he could be 'honest' with you either. You should be looking at the common denominator here.

And before you start swinging your anger my direction, imagine for a moment if I had said anything like this about Adinah in a public forum. We're done.
Marius
Marius

Character sheet
Name: Marius
Position: Arbiter of Greater Sacramento

Back to top Go down

Post by Story Teller Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:54 pm

I've said what I needed to say, and don't regret a word of it.
Story Teller
Story Teller

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down