Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You guys may be Fooked

+3
Theseus Ahroun
Marius
Story Teller
7 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

You guys may be Fooked - Page 4 Empty Re: You guys may be Fooked

Post by Vai Castillian Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:29 am

Post count!
Vai Castillian
Vai Castillian

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Theseus Ahroun Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:05 am

Eh, just saying your gonna be on the heavy team isn't enough to garner respect from the likes of Theseus. When you bleed a little because of your choice to go with the heavy team you may have earned some degree of respect, of course if he has to drag your incompacitated body away from the front lines after 2 rounds you may loose that respect just as quick.
Theseus Ahroun
Theseus Ahroun

Character sheet
Name: Theseus Ahroun
Position: stubborn old Gangrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:00 am

I'm sort of thinking that as well. If your on the heavy team when you really shouldn't be on it, that might not really earn respect. You might become a liability.
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet
Name: Solomon
Position: Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:11 am

So does everyone have their new character concepts done? Wink
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Theseus Ahroun Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:17 am

Marius is unfortunately in a bind here so I don't see where he has any option but to go with the heavy team and just hope he doesn't end up alone against a garou. The warriors in the city wouldn't respect him simply sending them off to face potential death while he stays all safe like away from the battle but in the same token if you prove obviously incapable of handling yourself in battle you may show yourself unworthy of leading a group of warriors.

rock meet hard place. I don't envy Sam at all in this situation especially considering he didn't seem to come in looking to lead the city.
Theseus Ahroun
Theseus Ahroun

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vai Castillian Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:25 am

Yup, Scott. I do have a new character concept ready. And it's a Malkavian, so y'all damn well better hope Vai lives through this.

... And the Malkavian isn't a warrior, either, so I'm not sure if I qualify as part of the group? Razz

Vai Castillian
Vai Castillian

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:36 am

Actually if she's nicer than Vai is I wouldn't mind if she didn't make it through. Razz
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Theseus Ahroun Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:55 am

Theseus in no way expects anyone in the city to be a warrior, but if your not a warrior you have no place questioning him on how he chooses to fight. Also in the case of the leader of the domain being a warrior or at the very least someone who can throw down when the shit hits the fan will basically result in Theseus overlooking some things but not much, especially if your not a Gangrel. To use Marius as an example he hasn't shown the strength to lead Gangrel and add on top of that Theseus doesn't see eye to eye with him on alot of his policies. Add on top of that that the former Baroness recognized the Gangrel's expertise in dealing with Garou and drew the two eldest Gangrel into the planning for Jackson, Marius didn't make that attempt simply saying Connely was handling all planning for Jackson and went as far as shooting down Theseus's input on a couple of things pertaining to the raid immediately following his promotion to Baron.

Just some basic insight into this particular Gangrel Razz

Last edited by Theseus Ahroun on Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : were gangrel not garou =/)
Theseus Ahroun
Theseus Ahroun

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:02 pm

So you won't be tanking for Marius I take it?
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Marius Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:06 pm

Theseus Ahroun wrote:Marius is unfortunately in a bind here so I don't see where he has any option but to go with the heavy team and just hope he doesn't end up alone against a garou. The warriors in the city wouldn't respect him simply sending them off to face potential death while he stays all safe like away from the battle but in the same token if you prove obviously incapable of handling yourself in battle you may show yourself unworthy of leading a group of warriors.

rock meet hard place. I don't envy Sam at all in this situation especially considering he didn't seem to come in looking to lead the city.

I appreciate your insight here Ryan. That's exactly my logic in making that decision. It helps that Marius' background is French military, who held a very strict code of conduct when pressing military matters.

To use Marius as an example he hasn't shown the strength to lead Gangrel...

Except that one time when he one-hit a Tzimisce. Oh, and that one time when he brought an archon and a bloodhunted fugitive to voluntarily meet with the Baroness. But you're right, since being named leader, he really has done nothing at all except establish his expectations. Oh wait. We haven't had GAME yet. I think Theseus' judgment here is tinged by some bias other than what you are sharing OOCly.

...and add on top of that Theseus doesn't see eye to eye with him on alot of his policies.

One policy. They disagree on -one- policy. And Marius offered to debate the issue in person, since clearly nothing was being settled over PM.

Add on top of that that the former Baroness recognized the Gangrel's expertise in dealing with Garou and drew the two eldest Gangrel into the planning for Jackson, Marius didn't make that attempt simply saying Connely was handling all planning for Jackson...

I felt that the greatest complaint about the way things had been handled in Jackson up until now had been that there wasn't a single leader people could bring their suggestions to. So I named one. I feel confident that Connelly is just as good or better than Jordy in such a role.

... and went as far as shooting down Theseus's input on a couple of things pertaining to the raid immediately following his promotion to Baron.

Now that's just unfair and untrue. Marius isn't in charge of the planning, so if you brought any suggestions to him in the past week I didn't see them, as the only thing we've discussed privately is the security of the city POST-Jackson. So please, remind me how this is true again.

I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass here, but if you are going to paint the picture OOCly instead of ICly, I'm going to point out the errors in color choice.
Marius
Marius

Character sheet
Name: Marius
Position: Arbiter of Greater Sacramento

Back to top Go down

Post by Theseus Ahroun Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:03 pm

Oh, the fact that he strongly advised against the use of chemical weapons due to the risk vs. reward being too great. And as for the one policy thing, you only know of the one that was brought to your attention. It was the biggest one so why continue with other issues if its percieved that your just blowing him off and wouldnt change your policies anyhow. Yep, one shotted a Tzimisce, and if a tree falls in a forest with nobody around to see it does it make a sound. Besides, in theory it would be possible for a neonate to stake an antideluvian. By the bloodhunted fugitive I assume you refer to Theo Bell. Now if he was in the city with bad intensions for its citizens do you think you could have brought him in? You asked him to talk to the Baroness and he agreed, nothing more. Mind you I'm not trying to claim Theseus is at all being reasonable with you, but your leading a city with a rather large Gangrel population, including himself, so he will expect the unreasonablemore often then not.
Theseus Ahroun
Theseus Ahroun

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Marius Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:14 pm

The bloodhunted fugitive was Kali, Theo Bell was the Archon in that sentence.

If you are going to take the position that Theseus is unreasonable, then I don't see any reason to clarify his motivations. Unreasonable actions don't require reasonable justification. But thank you for letting me know some of Theseus mind OOCly. It wasn't too far off from what I pictured.
Marius
Marius

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vai Castillian Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:21 pm

If the CO thing works, I am never, ever going to stop saying 'I told you so'. I am going to invent an 'I told you so' dance. And an 'I told you so' song. It will have a vuvuzela solo.

And Scott, yeah, she's nicer than Vai. I would have to try really, really hard to play a character who's not nicer than Vai. Even Danny was nicer than Vai. I do really like Vai, though. She's a complex character who has very good reasons for being the way she is, and I'll be sad if I don't get to explore her further.
Vai Castillian
Vai Castillian

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Theseus Ahroun Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:24 pm

That's fine cause if the CO thing go's bad guess who's going to be held personally responsible? Granted I won't do an I told you so dance but you may get to try out that Malk Very Happy
Theseus Ahroun
Theseus Ahroun

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Marius Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:26 pm

So you're saying that if the CO thing doesn't work, you're going to have Theseus kill Vai? That's a pretty steep price for failure.
Marius
Marius

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Theseus Ahroun Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:31 pm

No, I'm saying if the CO kills a bunch of humans and puts the city on the shitlist for the OSDS, Theo, Cam, and/or anything else in the area the people, especially after Theseus warned of the dangers of that, he will hold those he see's responsible for said action accountable. And as for if he ends up killing whoever that may be in the process, the WoD is a harsh place where people get killed for far lesser actions then mass murder of potentially hundreds of mortals. It's part of the price paid to keep vampires out of the public eye Wink
Theseus Ahroun
Theseus Ahroun

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Theseus Ahroun Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:33 pm

and unlike the Mythbusters... Failure is not always an option in vampire society.
Theseus Ahroun
Theseus Ahroun

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Marius Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:36 pm

Then you must have missed the part where Marius agreed that it would be necessary to confirm that there were separate ventilation systems. (Which Raven has confirmed.) So you can afford to back of the OOC threats.
Marius
Marius

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:44 pm

No need for the Darth Ahroun choking out the people who fail him just yet.:-p
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:46 pm

Solomon Gargoyle wrote:No need for the Darth Ahroun choking out the people who fail him just yet.:-p

Should be "Force choking" thank you...

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:47 pm

I think people know what I meant. :-p Can you do that with movement of the mind? That would be awesome!
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:50 pm

Yes, movement would work just fine. Of course it would compress the whole neck at once but that works too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vai Castillian Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:51 am

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT! (Insert vuvuzela noises here)

I told you so! I told you so! This is my 'I told you so!' dance!

Hah!
Vai Castillian
Vai Castillian

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Theseus Ahroun Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:02 pm

For what it's worth I'm glad I didn't have to declare praxis and lay waste to peoples Wink
Theseus Ahroun
Theseus Ahroun

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Larissa Johnson Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:21 pm

I'm glad you didn't either, although that would have been pretty awesome to watch!
Larissa Johnson
Larissa Johnson

Character sheet
Name: Larissa Johnson
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum: