Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

20th Aniversary edition of Masquerade

+2
Theseus Ahroun
Solomon Gargoyle
6 posters

Go down

20th Aniversary edition of Masquerade Empty 20th Aniversary edition of Masquerade

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Sun May 08, 2011 6:22 pm

I dunno what this means but it sounds like a possible reboot of Masquerade? So is White Wolf taking a shit on Requiem and leaving it for dead in the gutter and going back to Masquerade then?
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet
Name: Solomon
Position: Elder

Back to top Go down

20th Aniversary edition of Masquerade Empty Re: 20th Aniversary edition of Masquerade

Post by Theseus Ahroun Sun May 08, 2011 7:28 pm

It's White Wolf, so I'd say for now this only translates into a grab for more money but not much more then that especially with the Vampire game coming out being based on NWoD.
Theseus Ahroun
Theseus Ahroun

Character sheet
Name: Theseus Ahroun
Position: stubborn old Gangrel

Back to top Go down

20th Aniversary edition of Masquerade Empty Re: 20th Aniversary edition of Masquerade

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Sun May 08, 2011 9:14 pm

The MMO is actually based on Old WoD. I've been in arguments with people about how it makes no sense to me to market an MMO for your old edition when you have NWod on the shelves. But apparently Old Wod is more popular so they are basing the MMO on Masquerade, not Requiem.
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Sun May 08, 2011 9:14 pm

However, notice I said its BASED on it, not necessarily going to be 100% true to Masquerade rules or lore.
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Theseus Ahroun Sun May 08, 2011 9:35 pm

Well from a sales point of view it makes sense to bundle the two products together in a way that they will get the biggest boost for each. So ya, to make a game with there brands name on it that doesn't match the other products there selling doesn't seem to make much sense unless they have plans to start selling the old rule set again.
Theseus Ahroun
Theseus Ahroun

Character sheet
Name: Theseus Ahroun
Position: stubborn old Gangrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Story Teller Mon May 09, 2011 12:12 am

Hmm

Old world of darkness you say?

MMO you say? What madness is this? I need to check hell for ice cubes, brb.
Story Teller
Story Teller

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Mon May 09, 2011 12:48 am

Yeah, the new MMO they are co-creating with the Eve Online creators will be based on OLD WoD or at least based on Masquerade. I doubt it will be 100% faithful though.
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vai Castillian Mon May 09, 2011 3:58 pm

I saw a video on YouTube that purports to be of a couple of generated characters for WoD Online, and if it's true, then DAMN the graphics are going to be good. The hair interacts with the hands and shoulders instead of randomly passing through them. And they've gotten flowing cloth to do some amazing stuff. The characters also walk up and down stairs in a realistic manner.

I have high hopes for the role-playing possibilities in WoD Online. I used to play in a lot of text-based RP places, but left because I got tired of the staff in the games. But online RP allows for character development in ways that you can't get in tabletop or even LARP, and I miss it.

Of course my hopes are gonna be dashed in the end, but you can't fault a girl for dreaming. Smile
Vai Castillian
Vai Castillian

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Mon May 09, 2011 5:14 pm

I doubt you'll get the RP your looking for and probably just get ganked over and over again by Darko Mc Darky Pants the Noob Pwnzor.
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Polonius Tue May 10, 2011 6:50 pm

Solomon Gargoyle wrote:I doubt you'll get the RP your looking for and probably just get ganked over and over again by Darko Mc Darky Pants the Noob Pwnzor.

How did joo knows my screen name?
Nathaniel Polonius
Nathaniel Polonius

Character sheet
Name: Nathaniel Polonius
Position: Clan elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Tue May 10, 2011 7:55 pm

Nathaniel Polonius wrote:
Solomon Gargoyle wrote:I doubt you'll get the RP your looking for and probably just get ganked over and over again by Darko Mc Darky Pants the Noob Pwnzor.

How did joo knows my screen name?

LOL
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Story Teller Tue May 10, 2011 8:01 pm

LOL

Good one Jim

Scott's probably right, a certain amount of griefing should be expected, but in the higher eschelon's of the MMO on a RP Specific Server....you should get what you're hoping for. You gotta plow your way to the top, where the immature kids have a hard time reaching.

In other MMO's like WOW, and Age of Conan, etc I've found that the higher up/geared you are the better the RP experience. It takes dedication to reach that level, and the kinda kids that screw up the RP on purpose don't have the patience and dedication it takes to get there.
Story Teller
Story Teller

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Wed May 11, 2011 1:46 am

I'm not sure I found that to be true at all. Sometimes at the higher levels all people care about is constant raiding or PvP but I suppose you might be right because they are at the end game and so they may have more time to put forth for RP instead of worrying about the grind as much as lower level players...

Though if this game has NO levels and just skills then it could be difficult to find players who feel they don't need to grind constantly.
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Story Teller Thu May 12, 2011 2:12 am

That's true too. If they take away the levels there won't be anything to separate the men from the boys so to speak.
Story Teller
Story Teller

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by William Kincaid Thu May 12, 2011 9:25 am

It will be interesting to see what is in the book though.
William Kincaid
William Kincaid

Character sheet
Name: William Kincaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down