Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game canceled

+3
Theseus Ahroun
Story Teller
Solomon Gargoyle
7 posters

Go down

Game canceled Empty Game canceled

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:37 pm

Jason sent me a e-mail saying game was canceled due to many people being late or not being able to make it at all. Dave also wouldn't mind a break. I hope I'm not going over anyone's head or anything by posting this. Just figured I'd be helpful and put it up.
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet
Name: Solomon
Position: Elder

Back to top Go down

Game canceled Empty Re: Game canceled

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:41 pm

I'd like to ask though if there is any chance of hanging out?
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:07 pm

I guess no one wants to do something else in lieu of a game?
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:19 pm

refinishing furniture.

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:24 pm

lol, it's something to do at least. Something useful even.
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Story Teller Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:19 pm

Sorry scott. I was up early this morning...farted around for a while...then went back to sleep and didn't get up until like 4pm lol. I've slept my entire saturday away.

It was awesome.

Anyways, I'm kinda enjoying the idea of doing absolutely nothing today. Don't get me wrong I love RP, and I Like everyone a lot...but today i'm content to do nothing. I probably won't even check the forum after this until Sunday evening.

On a side note, I'm going to start considering a place we can go as an alternate if Dave's house becomes unavailable but the majority still want to play. If you guys have suggestions feel free to talk to me about it later on.
Story Teller
Story Teller

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Theseus Ahroun Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:06 am

Has there been any other group to take over the spot by the railroad museum? That was always a pretty decent spot and easy enough to get to/from. Would have to run a shorter game those nights tho i think
Theseus Ahroun
Theseus Ahroun

Character sheet
Name: Theseus Ahroun
Position: stubborn old Gangrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:40 am

What railroad muesuem? Not the one in Old Sac? Yes they have and it's cold and creepy out there if that's what your talking about. I refuse to play there. I'd much rather play at Daves place and just deal if he doesn't want game that day. I like the location and the option to bring food and possibly cook it and the bathroom and the warthm.
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Larissa Johnson Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:49 am

Yeah, but if Dave doesn't want guests that day, it automatically means no game. In others news, am personally glad there was no game today, as I have had a headache since I woke up yesterday. Even if game had happened tonight, I doubt I coulde have participated.

That's what I like about the forum. It allows gaming, without being well enough to actually game over multiple hours.
Larissa Johnson
Larissa Johnson

Character sheet
Name: Larissa Johnson
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:06 am

Yeah but I'd rather have quality over quantity. I don't want to play at some site with no way to be warm, no bathroom, no shelter from the weather and no shelter from weirdos. I like playing at Dave's place and I like his hospitality as well.
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Story Teller Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:01 am

I have a few concerns about the old town location.

I believe the parking there costs money if you arrive before a certain time.

It would be an uncomfortable location during cold months/days

There are the occasional drunks / bums that wander over out of curiosity, and bother players by trying to talk to them, or ask for money from them.

However there are some benefits.

It's a known location with a history of gamers. Just playing there will draw more people if they see us having fun.

The area is large enough to support around 35 players.

There are shops and places to get food.

The area is very atmospheric. Some people find it a bit creepy I suppose, but we're blood sucking creatures of the night...a vampire hang out should be creepy.

It's by a freeway. Easy to give directions.

So that's my opinion about that location. I personally like it, but I understand if the majority doesn't. If we did plan to use it as a location, I would strongly recommend another round of recruiting. If we're going to have the space we might as well fill it up.
Story Teller
Story Teller

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Marius Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:03 pm

I have never played there. I'd love to give it a try so that I could have an informed opinion about it.

SAM
Marius
Marius

Character sheet
Name: Marius
Position: Arbiter of Greater Sacramento

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:09 pm

I really really don't want to play there, actually I'm pretty much 100% against it. Why give up a nice place where it is warm, has a bathroom, don't have to pay for parking, I could bring food and warm it up and has a gracious host where bums and gangbangers and other weirdo's can't bother me? I'd rather just deal with Dave not wanting to play sometimes. It's fine.

Not to mention I do believe that spot is taken by everyone's favorite LARPers, OWBN.
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Theseus Ahroun Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:09 pm

Playing at Dave's has a soft cap for the size of game. Also if Dave ever needs a break or go's on a trip were without game site. While I like playing at Dave's and the group we've got for game there's no reason not to keep our options open.

As for the railroad museum the place we had staked out back in the day's had benches to sit at, was semi covered to offer some degree of protection from the weather, had all of downtown open to us for the couple hours we were there and was wide open so your private scenes could really be private. Now if the place has been taken over by another gaming group then that spots pretty much out but doesn't mean we shouldn't keep our eyes open for an alternate game site.
Theseus Ahroun
Theseus Ahroun

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by DelRay Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:11 pm

Solomon Gargoyle wrote:I really really don't want to play there, actually I'm pretty much 100% against it. Why give up a nice place where it is warm, has a bathroom, don't have to pay for parking, I could bring food and warm it up and has a gracious host where bums and gangbangers and other weirdo's can't bother me? I'd rather just deal with Dave not wanting to play sometimes. It's fine.

Not to mention I do believe that spot is taken by everyone's favorite LARPers, OWBN.
But i will be there and somtimes that is BUMS and Gangbangers enough i think......lol
DelRay
DelRay

Character sheet
Name: Indy
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by DelRay Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:13 pm

And who is OWBN????
And can i kill them?????(ego of indy....sorry)
DelRay
DelRay

Character sheet
Name: Indy
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vai Castillian Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:55 pm

OWBN = One World By Night. They're a network of LARPs that play all over the place, and the idea is that you're supposed to be able to take your character from game to game, wherever you want to go, and keep the same sheet and stats and XP.

In theory, it sounds awesome, but I wasn't really thrilled with the games that I attended.

ETA: Not that it's come to some kind of democratic vote, but if there were going to be one, my vote would be for finding an alternate 'emergency' place where we could play if Dave's house wasn't available, even if it had some significant down sides to it, or just wasn't as good.

Guys, Dave is doing something really awesome for us, but by not having an alternative to his place, we're putting a lot of pressure on him. If he doesn't feel like having guests, that means he's unilaterally calling off the night's entertainment for a pretty big group of people. Which is his right, because it's his house, but I know if it were me, I'd feel obligated to keep game on, even if I wasn't really up to a ton of people trooping through my house.

It sounds like the railroad museum spot is taken, but if it's not, or if another imperfect place comes to light, it's my opinion that we should at least try it once or twice. I know it'd mean giving up a couple of things, and maybe dealing with lookie-loos or bums, but I don't think that's too much of a sacrifice to make.

Anyway, that's my vote, if I get one.

Last edited by Vai Castillian on Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Vote casting!)
Vai Castillian
Vai Castillian

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Larissa Johnson Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:15 pm

I'm going to concur with Michelle. Even if an alternative location isn't as ideal as a private location (like Dave's house,) one is needed so that Dave doesn't end up feeling obligated on weeks where he has things come up.
Larissa Johnson
Larissa Johnson

Character sheet
Name: Larissa Johnson
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:50 pm

I'm fine with an alternate location but I definitely don't want Old Sac. Your gonna get far worse than lookie loo's Michelle. Like Gangsta wanna be's hitting on you. It's incredibly cold there, no where to use a bathroom at all when it gets really late, no where to really eat either. I can volunteer to try and find other places to play. Hmm I wonder if Josh Rambo might know some places...
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Story Teller Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:00 am

By all means do your best to find an alternate location where you wouldn't be so adamant against playing at. Though speaking from someone who played there for a long time...I think you're being a bit overly concerned. I can count, in a 1 year period, only 2 occasions where anything uncomfortable happened. Both of which were over fast, and were more annoying than frightening.

It isn't a gang spot, it's a highly populated area with a lot of pedestrian traffic, security, and police patrols. It's a lot safer than a park late at night, the back of a grocery store, or some school playground.

Though it may be a moot point if it's already taken by another Role playing group. Out of curiosity I'll be checking on that myself next break from game we take. Ryan wanna come with me? We'll chill at our old spot and BS about game for a couple hours, then if we don't see any gamers we'll catch a movie or we can run a session of Amber on that spot, and bring all our amber players for a one niter.
Story Teller
Story Teller

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:24 pm

You might not want to check that place out much at night. My buddy who I asked about it, Josh Rambo said he doesn't know what's going on there right now but he moved away from there cause of problems with players being attacked by the homeless and even some young punks recording attacking people with a camcorder and a hammer. I've known Josh Rambo a while and he wouldn't lie about crap like that.
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vai Castillian Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:52 pm

I think there's an easy way to settle this. Let's send a recon team out to check the place out one Saturday night. See if anyone's playing there, see what the security is like, how populated it is, how many bums there are. I'll volunteer myself as gangsta wannabe bait. Razz

In the meantime, we can keep our eyes open for other possible alternate locations. Although if we want to have a place that's not cold in the winter, we're looking at either someone else's house, or paying for a site.
Vai Castillian
Vai Castillian

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Theseus Ahroun Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:55 pm

Odd, the worst that I ever saw at the specific location Jason and me are talking about was the occasional bum come up asking for change, and keep in mind between two different games Jason, Adena and myself have multiple years history with this spot. There are multiple gaming locations within the old town/rr museum area that were staked out and I could see some of the darker one's along the river being a bit sketchy. This particular location is a semi high foot traffic area due to it basically being directly attached to old town Sac along the path with some storefronts and it's a block or two removed from the river so there's a buffer zone from that extreme cold.

It's possible things have gotten really bad down there since I last played in that spot so to answer Jason, sure. I'll come check the place out one of these nights with you. We should probably try to duplicate the time frame our game would be there as closely as possible and if were going to be using that spot the hours of game should probably be set and adhered to. Push comes to shove we could wander over and occupy the Denny's across the street for grub and minor downtime conversations after game and to wrap up any simple scenes. I don't know of alot of free sites that would be available to us up in that general area so unless everyone's willing to carpool down to say, the Stockton area we may be hosed. I know UOP and some of the other colleges and JC's are open campus and as long as we aren't destructive or there too horribly late at night they would probably be open to us. May have to touch base with someone at the school before moving in to prevent problems and depending on if OWBN wants to be territorial as I know they used to have a game on the UOP campus Friday's I believe.
Theseus Ahroun
Theseus Ahroun

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down