Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Round of Advertising?

3 posters

Go down

New Round of Advertising? Empty New Round of Advertising?

Post by Story Teller Thu May 27, 2010 8:09 pm

So folks, summer is coming. Warm weather, and warm evenings will result in better player turn outs.

However, are we ready to do another round of advertising for our game? Or do you all want to wait until the weather gets a bit better?

I feel we should wait a bit longer myself. I'd like to see what I can do with this grapevine program, or at least get a more solid hold over Influences and how best o distribute rumors.

Also where are we at with the banner? Gotta have our name and banner up before we advertise.

Should we post some pictures of our gaming area, and of us, in the General OOC as a sticky post?

Let's start chatting and see what great ideas, and volunteers come out of the wood work.
Story Teller
Story Teller

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

New Round of Advertising? Empty Re: New Round of Advertising?

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Thu May 27, 2010 11:21 pm

I kinda like the size so far. More people would mean more work for you and Adena and probably also mean probably having to move the site.
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet
Name: Solomon
Position: Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Story Teller Thu May 27, 2010 11:57 pm

Actually...it's the NPC's that is the major problem. I can remove an NPC for every new player I get. Until one day, all I will be responsible for are a handful of npc "Survivors" Hopefully that don't control any offices within the city, and only exist to move along story lines, or add color and flavor to the game.

Then I can focus my energies on thinking up story lines, rather than holding 9 different conversations, sometimes with myself, about things that aren't pivotal to my current plot. Which isn't to say that it's boring. It's actually pretty fun in it's own ways, just very tiring.
Story Teller
Story Teller

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Fri May 28, 2010 12:09 am

Sounds understandable. I'd hate to see them just vanish or get killed off. Some of the NPCs seem to be player favorites, like Jordy.
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Story Teller Fri May 28, 2010 12:18 am

Oh but the favorite ones have the most impact when they die. *Insert Evil Smile*

Don't worry I won't kill them all off. Some will just leave town, others may betray the city to the enemy (Whoever the enemy at that time may be) And some may even move on to bigger and better things. The reasons will be varied, but the bottom line will be they won't be a constant presence in the city.
Story Teller
Story Teller

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Theseus Ahroun Fri May 28, 2010 7:43 am

Only drawback to increasing player base is the increased chance of asshats. Eventually it would be nice to increase the game size but for now I think it's at a nice size.
Theseus Ahroun
Theseus Ahroun

Character sheet
Name: Theseus Ahroun
Position: stubborn old Gangrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Theseus Ahroun Fri May 28, 2010 8:19 am

May be worth seeing if any of the widely liked SARBN players are still floating around. I'm sure most everyone currently in game has some contact with people they've played with. Maybe see if any would be interested then run they by J and D to see when and if to bring those interested in.
Theseus Ahroun
Theseus Ahroun

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Fri May 28, 2010 9:43 am

Theseus Ahroun wrote:Only drawback to increasing player base is the increased chance of asshats. Eventually it would be nice to increase the game size but for now I think it's at a nice size.

Kinda my worry too. Better to have a small game where everyone gets along than a large game filled with asshats. :-p
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Story Teller Fri May 28, 2010 8:31 pm

From the old SARBN crew the only people that aren't welcome are Sean, and Connie. Anyone else was fine by me. I don't remember too many Asshats in the old game, but it's hard to say...everyone seemed to love my character...or at least did a good job kissing Ruben's ass.

Doesn't hurt to ask around. There were some good roleplayers back then, some...not a lot...but some. Though I don't want it to become common knowledge ryan, you know why we can't invite those two people. It's unfortunate, but I doubt they would let the past be the past.
Story Teller
Story Teller

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Theseus Ahroun Fri May 28, 2010 8:37 pm

Yep, which unfortunately eliminates Jessie since he married her now. The one I really wish I knew how to get ahold of these days is James though. Anyways I think Scott knows how to get ahold of some of those guys so I'll put some feelers out on the down low to see whats up.
Theseus Ahroun
Theseus Ahroun

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum