Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Small Hindrance

4 posters

Go down

Small Hindrance Empty Small Hindrance

Post by Story Teller Wed May 12, 2010 9:17 pm

It's taking a bit longer than we anticipated to create the NPC accounts. First we've ran into an issue with creating the e-mail addresses limiting us to making only 5 a day. Also the forum it's self is limiting us to adding only 2 accounts per IP address. It isn't stopping us, but certainly slowing us down a bit.

Just keeping folks posted. Once we have a good chunk of them on the forum, I will begin the banter. You'll receive an e-mail from me when the banter has been begun.

Lastly I apologize for the delays, and look forward to seeing you all at next game.
Story Teller
Story Teller

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Small Hindrance Empty Re: Small Hindrance

Post by Marius Thu May 13, 2010 12:54 am

Even the administrator is limited this way? That sucks.
Marius
Marius

Character sheet
Name: Marius
Position: Arbiter of Greater Sacramento

Back to top Go down

Post by Demetria Von Hausen Thu May 13, 2010 2:22 pm

It probably has something to do with the way the board rules are set up. When we're creating accounts for NPCs, we aren't logged in as admins at the time.
Demetria Von Hausen
Demetria Von Hausen

Character sheet
Name: Demetria Von Hausen
Position: Whip

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 13, 2010 4:41 pm

Ok Jason, I have a work around for the e-mail address. Create the account, then immediately go in and edit that account as the admin (Storyteller account has admin) and change the e-mail address. Update it and press on to the next one. So it will require only 2 addresses to add all of them. I'm looking for a way to extend the IP address limit. More to follow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 13, 2010 4:43 pm

Demetria Von Hausen wrote:It probably has something to do with the way the board rules are set up. When we're creating accounts for NPCs, we aren't logged in as admins at the time.

Yar, it's part of it. Damned if I can figure out how to add accounts when in admin though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 13, 2010 8:04 pm

Ok, IP limit increased dramatically. You should be able to get them all in at once assuming you have the addy workaround going.

Back to top Go down

Post by Theseus Ahroun Sun May 16, 2010 8:00 am

My 2 cents on the issue. The main NPC's, such as those who hold titles within the city for example harpy and such who will be re occuring big parts of storylines it's probably a good idea to have them set up with there own account to help keep them seperate. For the remainder of NPCs I don't see any reason why you couldn't just make a note at the top of the post as to which NPC is doing the posting in order to prevent you from both having to maintain and juggle dozens of forum accounts.
Theseus Ahroun
Theseus Ahroun

Character sheet
Name: Theseus Ahroun
Position: stubborn old Gangrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Story Teller Sun May 16, 2010 2:34 pm

We've found a method for getting the member accounts on here. I don't mind juggling several of them. Also, I see the forum as a great opportunity for Vampires that are typically shy, or don't get much action during game, to finally have a voice. Start developing some of the NPC's, like Leo, Sam, The Sarge, Derrick, Imal, Eduardo Etc. Even though it's a lot of work coming up with an Avatar, a quote for the signature, and filling out their member information, it's also kinda fun. It makes me consider things I normally wouldn't about some of the NPC's. For example...I can ask myself what is this NPC's hobby? pottery? Maybe this NPC is a World of Warcraft Fanatic. Anyways it's in the works and there will be progress.
Story Teller
Story Teller

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum