Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marius' Correspondence

:: Blog

Go down

Marius' Correspondence Empty Marius' Correspondence

Dear Miguel,

I am sorry to hear about your recent troubles in Los Angeles. I am not acquainted with the Nosferatu elder you mentioned, but it seems to me that whatever level of violence you deem necessary would be appropriate to end his depradations. I urge you however, when you face the ultimate moment of your conflict, to show mercy. The elder you speak of must have been sleeping throughout the entirety of the rise and fall of our Societie Perfectus. It must be very difficult to adjust to the new state of affairs in Los Angeles.

I am very pleased to hear you inquire about the Thing here in Sacramento. I wasn't sure if word of the Gangrel's activities had reached Southern California. There were only eighty or so Gangrel present at the Thing and a verdict was reached. I am sure you will commiserate with me when I tell you that I lost a staunch ally, an honorable friend, and a worthy elder. There are few of them left, as your recent experience has shown.

I thank you for your offer of hospitality, but Los Angeles is not much of a home to me at the moment. There are a few people there less than pleased with my ideals and how I pursue them. I wish you the best, and give my love to Rosa, Bianca and the rest of your Familia.

Marius
Marius
Marius

Character sheet
Name: Marius
Position: Arbiter of Greater Sacramento

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Marius' Correspondence :: Comments

Marius

Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:24 pm by Marius

Aginor,

I apologize for not responding to your missive more promptly. I realize that it is now too late for me to aid you in Rio de Janeiro, but I would still like the opportunity to see Cristo Redentor, it must be a very moving sight, though I cannot say that I would want to 'glide around it'. Heights don't hold any fear for me, but recuperating afterward is a drain on the nightlife.

I promised to aid you, once upon a time, and I feel obliged to explain why I was unable to meet my obligations. I purchased tickets to Brazil last Friday, and the arrangements were made, but I was attacked in my haven on Saturday, during the day! Turns out that one of our number has brought the attention of some hunters down on our city and in my attempts to hide his actions, I was tracked back to my haven.

I spent the next three days on the run, looking for new lodgings, and I missed my flight. By the time I had healed enough to travel, I received word from Miguel that you had succeeded in your stunt and impressed your elders without a display of your fencing skill. I hope we have a chance to cross blades again.

Marius

Back to top Go down

Marius

Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:36 pm by Marius

Jeromy,

I appreciate you looking into that matter we discussed in Cuba. I think that it was your certainty, and your willingness to share it with me that kept me from feeling like I had lost the last tie I ever had to Victoria. As you suspected, she's being held against her will, but violence alone will not be enough to free her. Rest assured that if it is called for, I will give you the opportunity to be her knight in shining armor. After the hospitality you showed us in Bern so many years ago I am sure that she would look favorably on your aid.

Unfortunately, it is not as simple as setting a few heads rolling. Or rather it is, but I can't risk any harm coming to her in the process. So we shall need to be patient. On an unrelated note, any information you can pass on regarding a Ravnos named Panamon Creel will be to my advantage in my current circumstances. He left my city recently, and I'm not entirely sure that his presence here was all business.

Marius

Back to top Go down

Marius

Post Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:44 am by Marius

Hopefully Jean has delivered this letter to you. I would pain me to know that my folly has cost both our lives.

I came here to find a life, perhaps save one. I cannot rejoice in the former and Iissed my chance to do the latter. You have my apologies. Know that I left you in chains because neither of us would find pleasure in your release at the cost of my soul. It flies free now, rejoice for me, weep the tears I could not find time to weep. Think of me with joy, in my final days I regained the purpose your sister and I once shared.

I have contemplated my end for many decades and always I have hoped that I would find it in fire. I wish to know what she felt in those final moments; toshare that experience like we shared all other things even your love.

Do you feel my absence? These months of enlightenment here in Sacramento have been worse than twenty years of ignorance. I set myself to freeing you without compromising your safety and I worry that all I have done I did for naught; I worry that I will die with this obligation, this promise to you unfulfilled. I regret nothing else, excepting the peril of my mortal soul.

I promise this, if I am not now looking upon you with all the love and charity God's grace allows it is because my attention is transfixed by the forgiveness He has shown me. Weep not for me but for that which I have left undone. I have transcended this life but my debt is such that I cannot say I left it better than if it had been without me. That surety eludes me because your freedom eluded me. Weep sister for you are poorly served by those that loved you.

Your loving brother,

Charles

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down