Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other gaming/get togethers?

5 posters

Go down

Other gaming/get togethers? Empty Other gaming/get togethers?

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Mon May 03, 2010 6:07 pm

So what do you guys do other than the LARP as a get together/gaming thing? I wouldn't mind getting to know some of you better. I'd remarked I'd like to hang out to Dave but I can't think of something to do yet! :-p I heard some of you play D&D but I play 4th ed now. I do have a ton of other RPG games and things. Wish I'd known most of you for a while so I could have invited people to my bday!
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet
Name: Solomon
Position: Elder

Back to top Go down

Other gaming/get togethers? Empty Re: Other gaming/get togethers?

Post by Story Teller Mon May 03, 2010 11:08 pm

Well we play Amber, based on the work of Roger Zelazny's Amber Series. They're excellent novels if you haven't read them by the way. However, we've been more focused on vampire lately than anything else, and although we sometimes hold a friday game, i've noticed we're getting older and not as willing to eat up entire weekends like we used too.

I remember times back in high school where I was running a 9 person Amber session that started after school on a friday, and carried through non stop until sunday evening. Keep in mind after that many hours it was all we could do to keep our eyes open, but we were damn proud of ourselves.

Well, i'm willing to do the occasional friday game. Not every friday, and I reserve the right to cancel on the friday game if something comes up, but if folks are excited about it i'm willing to run or play etc. *hint hint*

Oh god...I just re-read that second paragraph and I felt so old after reading the first sentence....
Story Teller
Story Teller

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 4:21 pm

Old? Piffle! Yer young... Hell, even I can still keep......................... *wipes drool off my chin* What was I talking about?

Back to top Go down

Post by Story Teller Tue May 04, 2010 8:07 pm

hehe
Story Teller
Story Teller

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Marius Tue May 11, 2010 7:57 pm

Starting in July, I am going to start a low-magic D&D game. I expect it to run 3-6 years, so if you want to play, I hope you are serious. Probably going to use Pathfinder rules because I have been very impressed with them.
Marius
Marius

Character sheet
Name: Marius
Position: Arbiter of Greater Sacramento

Back to top Go down

Post by Demetria Von Hausen Thu May 13, 2010 2:54 pm

Color me interested, I'd like to know more about the world and how low-magic is going to work.

I'm a rabid fan of Amber as well. Being diceless, it does take a lot of trust in the game master to play as they're going to be deciding on outcomes without the benefit of hard and fast rules. I find it very rewarding, though, as literally -any- concept for a character can be played, regardless of genre. My longest running character was pulled directly from the Wheel of Time series. My latest, and most favorite at the moment, is an android a la I, Robot.
Demetria Von Hausen
Demetria Von Hausen

Character sheet
Name: Demetria Von Hausen
Position: Whip

Back to top Go down

Post by Marius Thu May 13, 2010 11:45 pm

World creating is a long process, but I have the bare bones and I can describe the overview, but not the specifics.

The game will begin in an isolated mountain valley where twelve tribes of mostly human people have survived mostly untouched by centuries of turmoil and devastation that has plagued the lowlands. The twelve tribes have limited education and magic, but they have survived thanks to the presence of mystical totem spirits that live among them.

Now one of those totems has been destroyed, and the balance between the tribes has been disrupted. The turmoil that infects the lowlands has started to creep in. If the tribes cannot restore the balance, the last vestiges of magic will be destroyed with the rest of the tribes and their totems.

Player characters would not be able to start out as primary spellcasters but that would definitely become a part of the game at a later point.
Marius
Marius

Character sheet
Name: Marius
Position: Arbiter of Greater Sacramento

Back to top Go down

Post by Larissa Johnson Thu May 13, 2010 11:56 pm

That sounds kind of interesting. I can't guarantee an absolute interest, given the potential lack of furloughs come July, but James and are I certainly interesting in hearing more.
Larissa Johnson
Larissa Johnson

Character sheet
Name: Larissa Johnson
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Fri May 14, 2010 2:03 am

I like dice and I'm more of a 4th ed fan but I've not played Pathfinder yet. I'd like to try other games rarely played too. Deadlands, Savage Worlds. L5R, Buffy/Angel, Serenity RPG, Shadowrun is a big one I'd like to try as well.
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet
Name: Solomon
Position: Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down